- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
Wendi is an Educational Consultant with the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI). Her areas of specialty are transition, TBI, and OI.
Email/Social Media: Connect with Wendi on the Employment Network
Phone: (608) 266-1146
More about Transition from DPI:
Transition Planning for Students with Disabilities
Simply put, transition is helping students with disabilities and their families think about their life after high school and identify long-range goals designing the high school experience to ensure that students gain the skills and connections they need to achieve these goals the provision of funds and services to local school districts to assist in the transition process. This transitional process will include many facets of planning for the future and should be fully understood by everyone concerned each step of the way. Planning for the future is an investment in a child's well being!
Related Contributions: Resources
- Opening Doors to Employment, Planning For Life After High School
- This guide is designed to help students with disabilities take another step in preparing for “life after high school” - employment.
- Overview Visit Website Download PDF
- Seamless Collaboration With and For Students with Disabilities Transitioning to Employment and Adult Life
- This guide suggests best practices to assist key stakeholders (students, parents/guardians, teachers, counselors, case managers, etc.) in how to work together in a student’s transition from school to employment and adult life.
- Overview Download PDF