Anyone who has the motivation can own a small business. If a person likes to work independently and has researched their business options well, self-employment could be a good fit. For a person with complex challenges, operating a small business is entirely feasible with the proper support, adequate financing, and a talent to market.
This module describes self-employment and why people with disabilities may choose it as a career option. Steps to get started as a small business operator are also share along with recommendations on how to access services and resources to help you get started.
What you will learn:
- What is self-employment?
- Who can be self-employed?
- Why is self-employment an appealing option?
- What are the types of self-employment?
- Where can I access services and resources?
- Self-Employment: FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Get answers for some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about self-employment for people with disabilities.
- Overview Download PDF