Wisconsin's Family Care Program
- Last Updated: Dec 21, 2011
Family Care is a comprehensive and flexible long-term care service system, which strives to foster people's independence and quality of life, while recognizing the need for interdependence and support. Family Care, authorized by the Governor and Legislature in 1998, serves people with physical disabilities, people with developmental disabilities and frail elders, with the specific goals of:
- Giving people better choices about where they live and what kinds of services and supports they get to meet their needs.
- Improving access to services.
- Improving quality through a focus on health and social outcomes.
- Creating a cost-effective system for the future.
This website provides an overview of Wisconsin's Family Care Program and services.